Simply Music Piano
Learn to play great music from day one!
- Learn 35-50 songs in your first year
- Build confidence playing in front of others due to the group lesson environment
- Learn great songs in various styles such as blues, pops, jazz, classical, accompaniment
- Learn to improvise and even write your own songs
- Always wanted to learn piano yourself? Simply Music is so simple to understand that most parents who sit in on the lessons learn along with their child and are able to mentor them at home! Watch out though because we might ask you to play in class
- Materials you purchase will include a DVD that allows you to take the lessons home with you so that you can have the lesson as many times as you wish and share with your family and friends.
- Call for current specials including a FREE introductory session!
- Click Here To Download Curriculum (17MB)
Quite simply, this approach transforms the music learning process, and is perfectly suited to children, teens, adults or seniors alike. Clearly, our long-standing record of unprecedented success and the tens of thousands of students around the world conclusively demonstrates this fact. Read some of our Simply Music Student testimonials below.
“This is a wonderful music program and the results are astounding! Even if you don’t consider yourself musically talented, this program is designed for you! It is easy to understand and easy to play a full repertoire of beautiful songs from a variety of genres. I also think this program could be a major breakthrough for children with a variety of cognitive delays and learning disabilities. I love the Simply Music approach.”
Dr. Anne Margaret Wright
Education Consultant for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
“Let me begin by saying just how thrilled I am with the Simply Music program. I’m playing better now than I did after years of traditional lessons. I hope you continue to provide even more advanced studies, for a long, long time to come.”
Executive Producer – Primetime, Discovery Channel
“My daughter is advancing through the program at remarkable speed. The program is amazing – she can’t get enough. We bought her a small baby grand piano and were hoping she would learn to play but her lessons were going nowhere – she hated them. Now she’s flying through Simply Music and loves it!”
“I bought your programs a few months ago. I have to tell you I love the program. I’m 33 years old, and never had a chance to learn to play piano. I am totally enjoying the program, with the video it’s like you are right here with me as I am learning. My seven year old daughter has taken an interest and has begun to practice as well. It is so awesome to play ‘Dreams Come True’ with my two girls beside me singing. I do however have a problem with Jackson Blues….I can’t get it out of my head!!! Thank you so much for developing such a wonderful program and making it available to us!!!”
Mrs. Ann Kleinhans
Still not convinced Simply Music is for you? Listen below to the creator of Simply Music explain how the program works.
Studio Policies for Simply Music Parents and Students
• To create an environment where students routinely acquire and retain music as a lifelong companion.
• To experience playing as a natural self-expression.
• To have the ability to play a huge repertoire covering a vast array of musical styles.
• To have the ability to self-generate, i.e. the ability to progress independently. This includes developing a strong foundation in music reading and theory.
• To have a highly positive, self-affirming experience throughout the music learning process.
• Provide an instrument that is in good condition.
• Meet financial commitments by the end of the month for the following month.
• Support and encourage your child’s or your own progress by attending lessons.
• Commit to a long-term relationship with piano lessons and structured practice at home.
• Maintain your playlist.
• Follow your teacher’s instructions carefully.
• Practice 15–20 minutes per day, 5–6 days per week.
• Commit to a long-term relationship with piano lessons.
• Please, no food, drink or gum during lessons.
Lesson Time, Location and Schedule
• Shared lessons are 30 – 50 minutes, depending on the number of students.
- 25 minutes for 1 student
- 30 minutes for 2 students
- 35 minutes for 3 students
- 40 minutes for 4 students
- 50 minutes for 5 or more students
• Shared lessons are offered Monday through Saturday during the day and in the evening
• It is vitally important that the student practice on the same day of the lesson to reinforce what was learned. This includes watching the student material video if applicable, practicing on a practice pad or keyboard with no sound, and practice on a piano or keyboard with sound.
• The playlist must be kept alive, marked daily and turned in at each lesson.
• Above all else, ensure that on each day that practice occurs, it is always done at the same time.
Tuition and Materials Fees
• Monthly tuition for shared lessons: $100.00. Private lessons are $26 per lesson or $120 per month.
• Student Home Materials cost: $50.00 per level. Supplemental programs begin in Level 2. The cost varies depending upon the program, but will not exceed $25.00.
• Tuition and fees are due on the last lesson of each month for the following month. If paid past the 1st of the month, a $10 late fee will be added.
• Please make checks payable to Musicians In Motion.
• The purchase of each Foundational Level material constitutes agreement that the student will continue with lessons until completing the level the student is currently on. Should a student desire to terminate lessons, 30-day’s notice is required and untaught materials turned in for a credit of 50% of the purchase price.
• Students who refer others receive a choice of a one-time discount of $50 (payable the second month that the referred student pays for lessons).
• In the event that the teacher cannot make a lesson due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, a substitute teacher may be enlisted, or we will make up your lesson within 2 weeks at an agreeable time. 24 hours notice must be given if you cannot make a scheduled makeup lesson or it is forfeited.
• Parents will monitor their child’s progress weekly in class.
• Parents may call anytime to schedule a parent/teacher consultation.
• When a student advances to a new level, the Teacher Evaluation form should be completed (parent and student may complete this together). The forms will be collected at the first lesson of the new level.
• At times, opportunities are available for sharing your talents. This gives the musician incentive to excel, play with confidence and have a self-affirming experience.
• Larger events are held in December and May to provide students with a different venue in which to share their talents. These are fun, informal events which expose different ways in which piano-playing skills can be enjoyed.
• Weekly group classes also give students the opportunity to play for others, increasing their comfort and confidence levels, as well as providing a social setting in which to share music.
Inclement Weather Policy
• In the event that schools are closed due to the weather, the studio will remain open. If the weather is severe, we may opt to cancel all classes, in which case you will be contacted prior to your lesson time. In that case, the teacher will communicate with each student to provide instruction on what was taught for that lesson and take the extra time to work with students where possible. No credit will be issued.